The Maclaren Twin Techno Stroller Persian Rose is a luxurious and comfortable side by side double stroller based on an umbrella fold double buggy design.
My divorced sister Theresa has two young babies, Esther who is 2 years and 8 month old Tina. She recently saw the Maclaren Twin Techno stroller on the internet and ordered for one.
The extended sun visor has been a boon especially since she lives in a tropical country where the sun is always overhead and hot. She recently went on vacation to a coastal city and the optional mosquito net really came in handy.
She particularly likes the fact that the stroller is very easy to set up since she is a career woman and always on the move. The padded push handles are very comfortable and the seats are great, in her opinion since the babies seem to always have big smiles on their faces when on the Twin Techno.
- The Maclaren Twin Techno is relatively easy to move around and maneuver.
- It takes a very short time to set it up for use. It can be set up in less than 10 seconds. The product is shipped fully assembled so no assembly is required.
- Folding the stroller can be done in a one handed maneuver
- The overall build structure is light courtesy of the aluminum frame.
- The deep recline feature coupled with the thick and soft seat padding makes the stroller seating experience luxurious and comfortable.
- The Maclaren Twin Techno leg rests are adjustable and of exceptional quality.
- The stroller comes equipped with all pneumatic tires that allow it to traverse any terrain like gravel.
- The Twin Techno is equipped with two well-padded side handles that curve inwardly thus minimizing the undesirable effect of bumpy surfaces on the user.
- The stroller has a great and comfortable ride due to the wheel suspensions system.
- It fits through most average size exterior doorways, gates and corridors.
- The front swivel wheels of the Twin Techno are lockable and this makes it easy to move the stroller on smooth or rough surfaces like cobblestones.
- The new and well-designed harness buckle is easy for parents and adults to operate but difficult for kids. This is a great security and safety feature.
- For tall children, the canopies have height adjustment system allowing them to extend.
- The luxurious seat covers and easily removable and can be cold machine washed, a rare feature in buggy design.
- The stroller has large viewing windows that enable the curious toddlers and babies to satisfy their growing curiosity and enable them to take in the scenery.
- The patent pending secondary hood lock makes the buggy easy to lock and secure.
- The buggy is highly visible at night due to the incorporation of reflective accents.
- This stroller lacks a snack tray.
- When compared to the Twin Triumph, the stroller has a relatively small storage compartment.
- In its class and price range, the Twin Techno is relatively expensive when compared to other umbrella fold double buggies.
Have a question? Visit this link to see customer answered questions.
Features and Specifications
- High performance light and durable aluminum frame.
- Special one hand recline feature with four recline positions including a deep recline feature.
- Two independent water resistant square hoods.
- Water resistant outer fabric with rain covers.
- Extendable sun visor with special heat and solar reflective material.
- Large “peek-a-boo” UV protective viewing windows with air vents.
- Patent pending central secondary hood lock.
- Reflective luminous high visibility accents.
- 12 pneumatic tires with all wheel suspension.
- Boots and head huggers with an optional mosquito net.
- 5 point harness.
- Adjustable crotch strap.
- Exclusive Newborn Safety System.
- Two all fabric storage compartments.
- A 4.5 inch cup holder.
- Padded seats with shoulder pads.
Product Dimensions and Capacity
- The dimensions of the stroller are 47 x 31.9 x 29.3 inches.
- The manufacturer’s maximum recommended carrying capacity for the stroller is 110 lbs. (50 kg)
- Each of the shopping baskets has an individual capacity of 15 liters hence a total of 30 liters.
- The minimum seat angle both to the left and to the right is 70 degrees.
We interviewed some customers in our Maclaren Twin Techno Stroller Persian Rose review
In our review, one customer went to Disneyland and found that it accommodated her 1 and 3 year old kids quite comfortable and found the overall build commendable thus resulting in very high rating.
One particular customer found the under seat storage small and the storage compartments could not be accessed when the seats are fully reclined. They noted that the Maclaren may be okay for regular strolling but not for long day trips.
One female customer found that her 2 year old twins fit in the stroller perfectly and found it very compact. She found that it had a great weather shield and a good head rest though it was heavy to move around.
Most customers found the stroller a little bit heavy and quite expensive. Considering the durability, build quality and overall weight, the price of the Maclaren Twin Techno Persian Rose actually makes sense. It is an ideal buggy for moving around toddlers who wish to sit up and infants who wish to recline. It is a perfect stroller for discerning customers with an eye for a durable and quality luxurious double stroller.
Related double umbrella stroller reviews:
- Maclaren Twin Triumph Review
- Valco Baby Snap Duo Denim Blue 2015 Review
- Chicco Echo Twin Stroller Review
- Baby Jogger City Mini Double Stroller Review
- Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Review